Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tucker Family Reunion and a Mommy Reality Check


     First, a little story.

     This morning started out a little... interesting. I was in the middle of feeding Nathan when Ellie told me she needed to go potty. I sent her in to go by herself (which, by the way, she is totally capable of doing... if there's no "number 2" involved). After a few minutes, she comes running back to me with poop everywhere on her body. I don't know if she was trying to clean herself up or what, but dang. Before I could put Nathan on the floor to go help her out, she had discovered the poop on her hands and decided to wipe it on the wall as well as my pants. Wonderful. That little situation was rectified pretty quickly (get it? rectified? Never mind. I'm tired, ok?). Gotta love baths and baby wipes.

     Anyway... Moving on.

     It's summer, and what does that mean? Family reunions! For the Tucker family reunion this year we went to a place about an hour outside of Twin Falls called Magic Hot Springs. There was a hot pool, a river, a lodge that we slept in, and lots of fun! (Though we were sad my mom and dad and siblings couldn't make it) I didn't take nearly enough pictures, but here are the ones I took:


So proud of his fish.


Just taking care of Nathan.


Me and my tired boy. Please excuse the camping-ness.


Shoulder ride!


And, of course Ellie had to ride the horse with Grandpa! She wasn't scared at all. She just loved being big and sitting on the horse all by herself!

     We had a ton of fun, but there was also a little "incident." Sam, Ellie, Nathan, and I all slept in the same room, and we had Ellie sleep on the twin bed that was in there. Sam backed the open side of the bed up against the wall, and left the side with a rail open to the rest of the room - just like her bed at home. In the middle of the night, however, she was half asleep and decided to try and climb out of her bed. But she didn't go over the railing, she climbed over the head of the bed - which was backed up to a desk and a bookshelf. She fell between the desk and the bookshelf, crashed to the floor, and screamed, of course. Sam jumped out of bed to get her and smacked his foot against the bed, which made his toenail partially fall off. Ellie's screams woke up Nathan, who added to the screaming because he was surprised. Luckily nobody was terribly hurt, but everyone in the lodge was awake... Oops. Luckily they are all nice, and love my kids anyway.

     I'm definitely loving all the fun things summer is bringing our way.

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Ellie rode the horse? Good for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Except for the first and last stories, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun to see you guys! I am so glad that you were able to come. Your kids are adorable!! That little Ellie is so much fun!! I love Nathan's blue eyes. Thanks for sharing your kiddos with the baby/kid loving family that we are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you could all come. Nothing is better for me than being surrounded by my loved ones. Thanks for all your help and I hope you have all caught up on your sleep.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik