Friday, July 4, 2014

While Daddy is Away: Day 5


I feel like today was the day of blurry pictures capturing the end of the moments I was trying to get a picture of... Oh well.

We started out with the annual neighborhood 4th of July party. The kids had breakfast and swam. I have to admit that I missed going to the parade in Rexburg, but the party was definitely fun too! It's just funny how in Rexburg this is a holiday that everyone spends outside all day, but it's too hot in Arizona to do much outside besides swimming. Sitting in the sun for a parade would be torture. :)


Apparently Nathan didn't have enough food at the party even with his bowl of fruit loops, watermelon, milk, and bagel... He still wanted cereal when we got home. I figured it couldn't hurt. I went to help Jonah, and when I came back he was eating his cereal on the table. I guess that's more fun that the chair.


Jonah doesn't really like to snuggle, so when he fell asleep on my chest today I had to take a picture. Nevermind that he looks ginormous, and that his eye is creepily half open.


Ellie and Nathan had fun coloring on the white board. (Don't worry, Mom. The drawings only made it onto the whiteboard. :))


Jonah had fun with Uncle Ben.


Of course there were a few fireworks involved in the front yard. Sparklers were a hit, and Ellie kept calling them "sparkle things." After she got over her initial fear, she wanted to hold them again and again.


Ellie and Eve were so cute lying there on the blanket together watching fireworks, but as soon as I pulled out the camera, Ellie decided to get up. Hence the day of blurry pictures.


I didn't trust my little daredevil with fireworks, so he had to miss out on the action. I guess it was a good thing, though, because he fell asleep in about 10 seconds. He looks like a little frog in this picture, and it cracked me up.


After fireworks, Ellie had to show me her tricks downstairs. She's quite proud of how she's learned to twist the rope before she swings so she can spin in the air.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik