Saturday, July 5, 2014

While Daddy's Away: Day 6


Our little Jonah man seems to have grown up overnight. All of a sudden he is an expert at holding up his head in the Bumbo, and he loves to stand when I hold him on my lap. I can't believe how fast he is outgrowing the newborn stage - it's kind of making me sad, but at the same time I really enjoy watching each of his new milestones.


Jonah sat like this for 20 minutes, and didn't even start to get tired or wobbly. It's funny how proud I am of these little things. Oh well. That's what moms do, I guess.


Ellie had seen Hyrum and Evie wear goggles, so she decided that she wanted to try them on, too. I had to stifle a laugh and run for the camera when I saw her little face smashed into the goggles. Needless to say, she didn't enjoy them at all.


I didn't dare get any closer than this for fear of disturbing the moment, but I had to get a picture of Uncle Hyrum reading to his niece and nephew. So stinking cute.


And this little man started giggling today. I love him so much.


Sam showed me what Indian money looks like. I thought it was cool so I included it. I look forward to our FaceTime calls every day, and I can't wait to see more of what he's experiencing when he gets home.


Hyrum is such a good little uncle. I was putting Ellie and Nathan down for bed, and I guess Jonah started crying on the couch while I was downstairs. When I came back up, Hyrum was holding him and telling him it was going to be ok. It's fun to see my siblings interacting with my own kids.



1 comment:

  1. Bet Sam really enjoys all you put on your blog. I know I do!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik